AIHE Code of Ethics
- The responsibility of Hotel Engineers for the welfare, health and safety of the community shall, at all times, come before their responsibility to sectional or private industry interests.
- Hotel Engineers shall apply their skills and knowledge in the interest of their employers for whom they shall act, professionally, as faithful agents and trustees.
- Hotel Engineers shall act so as to uphold and enhance the values of the Institute to the Hotel Industry and Consulting Engineers, Architects, Builders and Contractors engaged by the Industry.
- Hotel Engineers shall give evidence, advice, express opinions or make statements in an objective and truthful manner and on the basis of adequate knowledge.
- Hotel Engineers shall obtain other Professional Engineering advice, on behalf of their employers, when advice is required in areas beyond their competence.
- Hotel Engineers shall continue their professional development throughout their careers and shall actively assist and encourage those under their direction to advance their knowledge and experience.
- Hotel Engineers shall not directly or indirectly seek or receive any personal inducements on consideration for placement of orders for work or awarding of contracts on behalf of their employer.
- Hotel Engineers shall set, review and evaluate performance against technical standards compatible with the objectives of their employer and to the overall benefit of the Hotel Industry.